Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys think changing the exhaust tip and main jet on a 400ex void your warranty i am a small eng tech and i know that most small eng manufactures frown when we call in for warranty and they find out that someone changed the jetting or exhaust and when i say small eng i am talking about lawn tractors and lawn mowers

thanks for your input

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
do you guys think changing the exhaust tip and main jet on a 400ex void your warranty i am a small eng tech and i know that most small eng manufactures frown when we call in for warranty and they find out that someone changed the jetting or exhaust and when i say small eng i am talking about lawn tractors and lawn mowers

thanks for your input
hmm..thats a good question about the ex tip..because i know for a fact..that the car dealerships will try to tell you that you can't add a after market ex on your car/truck..which is BS !..anything from the cat back ( which is why they call them cat back systems )..DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY ON A CAR/TRUCK !..now..as for a atv..this i don't know..atv's don't use a cat on them..they are controlled by the c.d.i and ex in them..most likely the jets and ex do this..sooo..i really can't tell you if it will or not..what i can tell you is..if your atv is new..and it needs work on it..and you '' somehow have aftermarket jets'' in it...simply remove the after market jets..put your old ones back in before you take it in to be serviced..simple..they can't prove otherwise when you take it in to have it serviced.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I would contact a dealer about this question.
I changed the Airfilter and jets on my 400ex shortly after I got it. From the factory they run alittle lean and I richened it up a bit. They told me it would not matter about the modification on mine. But my feind is also a service tech at Honda and thats where I would go if I had a issue

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
They cannot void your warranty for adjusting the jets. That is needed if you don't live at sea level. Now the exhaust is a different story. You are altering the way the machine is designed to perform.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
They cannot void your warranty for adjusting the jets. That is needed if you don't live at sea level. Now the exhaust is a different story. You are altering the way the machine is designed to perform.
yeah.i have to agree..jets..nooo..exhaust..i'm sure they would throw a fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts