Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a Warn 1.5 ci 1500 lbs winch on my 02 rancher es. i believe the contactor is fried. when i first tried to use it this year, the cable would only come in and would not go out on its own power. (had to pull it out by hand) then, after fooling around with the rocker switch, it stoped working all together. all i hear is a tick. i tapped on the contactor, and some rusty looking powder came out. i looked into getting a new contactor, and they cost 94 bucks. is it worth it? can a contactor be repaired? what should i do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi, i have a Warn 1.5 ci 1500 lbs winch on my 02 rancher es. i believe the contactor is fried. when i first tried to use it this year, the cable would only come in and would not go out on its own power. (had to pull it out by hand) then, after fooling around with the rocker switch, it stoped working all together. all i hear is a tick. i tapped on the contactor, and some rusty looking powder came out. i looked into getting a new contactor, and they cost 94 bucks. is it worth it? can a contactor be repaired? what should i do?
Check e-bay. They have contactors for around 35.00.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will but i dont think they war Warn ones

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
try taking the contactor/relay switch out..cleaning the metal contacts up with some sand paper or something to clean the metal contacts up with..worth a shot before you buy a new one..also..seeing how it's a warn..call warn and see if that part is covered under the life time warranty ?..probally not.but worth a shot...also..your rocker switch might be bad too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do, ill try in clean the contacts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts