Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
ok here's the problem. I just installed the warn rt25 winch on my honda 420 using the mount kit from fuse powersports which works great! Don't get the one from royal distributing...It mounts on the outside. Well anyways I will post some pics soon but i need to connect the last wire which is a small red one with no connection at the end. And i'm not sure which wire to tap into that is from the accesorie slot. Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for my 420? I'm looking but I could use dome more help. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok heres, the details.
When you install a warn rt 25 or any decent size winch on a honda 420, use a mount from Fuse Powersports because its the only one that doesnt involve triming of plastic or mount on the outside. Second for the rt 25 you will need 2 washers to replace one of the spacers that separate the winch from the mount because the winch is almost to big. Third, when you are wiring the winch, have the wires run from the winch up on the side of the guard for the rad and run along the frame with all the other wires. Now around the seat area, the wires need to route on the under side of the frame beside the airbox to prevent rubbing from the seat. Ok now to the contactor. I will get more pics soon but I went to canadian tire and bought 2 (1")x(1 1/8") X (2") u bolts and mounted the contactor to the rack that runs beside the battery and turned it down facing the rear cargo box. The cover will fit normally if you bend the contactor down enough. Ok when installing the switch for the winch on the handle bar, the red wire that runs separete needs to be tapped into a wire that is only live when the key is turned on. So your best and easiest bet is to route it to the front right and there is a connector there attached to the rad guard. There are 2 wires, a white with a black line and a green with gray spots. Tap into the white one and route the red wire into it. This is the accesory wire. Its only live when the key is turned on. I will get more pics very soon. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same boat. Can you help out a bit more? With regard to the red wire and Rad guard. where is that located.

Many thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts