Honda ATV Forum banner
381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Still looking for a couple foreman 450 speedometers. I am looking for a 37200-HN0-A02 and a 37200-HN0-771.
bite the bullet, and buy new ---> https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2002/trx450fe-a-fourtrax-foreman-es/meter .
Yes I can buy new, but it resets the atv miles to zero. Trying to find ones with 2-3000 miles which was what the atvs had before the speedometers died.
yep, it does, you could always rebuild the motor...right ?..lol. finding a used meter with the miles your seeking will be hard to do. besides, you already bought a new control unit..right ?, but it won't work, don't ya think that will be set at zero miles as well ?. unless its new used ?.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
from what little i read about 2000es450 display,.. that is where the miles are stored... they cant be reset. no way to do it. ya may be stuck with what you buy, used or new. there are no odds on finding one with the miles you want. hope im wrong. i want to go there too.

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
Buying a used dash control unit used is risky

I have two extra 450ES and two 450FM/S dash units in the parts pile , Led had asked me about them before , they are all off the bike and disconnected from the harnesses , so there is no easy way I can think of to check them to see if they even work , more less what the miles and hours are , so I really wouldn't want to sell one to someone and have it not work , so I figure just keep them as one day the dash on my 2 450 FM/S might go out and I try to butcher the ES dash into one of them

one difference I see is 2002 up has an extra light for 4x4/4x2 , not sure if the ES and FM/S are even interchangeable ----- if I was looking for a used unit , I would go to PowerSportsNation.com , I am pretty sure they will take it back if it doesn't work for you

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Buying a used dash control unit used is risky

I have two extra 450ES and two 450FM/S dash units in the parts pile , Led had asked me about them before , they are all off the bike and disconnected from the harnesses , so there is no easy way I can think of to check them to see if they even work , more less what the miles and hours are , so I really wouldn't want to sell one to someone and have it not work , so I figure just keep them as one day the dash on my 2 450 FM/S might go out and I try to butcher the ES dash into one of them

one difference I see is 2002 up has an extra light for 4x4/4x2 , not sure if the ES and FM/S are even interchangeable ----- if I was looking for a used unit , I would go to PowerSportsNation.com , I am pretty sure they will take it back if it doesn't work for you
I just took this one apart on this project I am working on, it comes all the way apart, the back up lights are soldiered in the circuit board, and it can be unplugged from the short harness from the board, other than this, I see no way of re-setting the miles or hours on them ??. maybe retro or mel knows how ?. I don't worry about them, when I take on a project , most times I rebuild the motor, so the meter gets replaced with new anyway.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes I can buy new, but it resets the atv miles to zero. Trying to find ones with 2-3000 miles which was what the atvs had before the speedometers died.
yep, it does, you could always rebuild the motor...right ?..lol. finding a used meter with the miles your seeking will be hard to do. besides, you already bought a new control unit..right ?, but it won't work, don't ya think that will be set at zero miles as well ?. unless its new used ?.
Never bought a new control unit. Both foreman runs great and have low miles, just the displays do not work. No way that I know of to rest the displays. Do not really want a new one, so will probably have to keep on eyes out on psn.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Never bought a new control unit. Both foreman runs great and have low miles, just the displays do not work. No way that I know of to rest the displays. Do not really want a new one, so will probably have to keep on eyes out on psn.
you can not re-set the meters/displays. its used or new. I use new when I rebuild a motor.

·
Premium Member
6,552 Posts
Looking for a good FRONT Differential for a '98 Foreman 400. I believe '95-'01 will fit and '98-'01 450's will fit.

Thanks

you can also do a lot bit of modification and make a 2002 up 450 selectable front diff fit and work in your atv , Jeep and Retro are two that know a lot about that mod

Not sure if that will work as easily as swapping a 450 to the newer style. The 400 coupler that goes between the front output shaft and the driveshaft is different on the two models, so getting the proper driveshaft requires some custom work.

Saw that a couple of days ago in a discussion on using a 424 from a 450 on a 400.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking for a good FRONT Differential for a '98 Foreman 400. I believe '95-'01 will fit and '98-'01 450's will fit.

Thanks

you can also do a lot bit of modification and make a 2002 up 450 selectable front diff fit and work in your atv , Jeep and Retro are two that know a lot about that mod

Not sure if that will work as easily as swapping a 450 to the newer style. The 400 coupler that goes between the front output shaft and the driveshaft is different on the two models, so getting the proper driveshaft requires some custom work.

Saw that a couple of days ago in a discussion on using a 424 from a 450 on a 400.
Probably best if I stick to a simple swap without any modifications. I have a limited selection of tools on hand, sadly.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
i cant read my display, 2000 trx450es. its browned out. i might be able to sand it one more time, but without a sun blocker, aint much point. though it is close to 5,000 miles, and i cant remember the hours, the time it sits out in the sun, has reeked havoc, on the display. anybody got any ideals. i got a soldering gun.
maybe just the screen will work. i would like to save the miles, an the hours.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
i cant read my display, 2000 trx450es. its browned out. i might be able to sand it one more time, but without a sun blocker, aint much point. though it is close to 5,000 miles, and i cant remember the hours, the time it sits out in the sun, has reeked havoc, on the display. anybody got any ideals. i got a soldering gun.
maybe just the screen will work. i would like to save the miles, an the hours.
simple: buy a new cover, they just screws on.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
its not the cover thats bad. the bad part is the screen itself. part of the circuit board.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
its not the cover thats bad. the bad part is the screen itself. part of the circuit board.
ah..the LCD screen. in this case, there is not much you can do, other than replace the whole meter/display. it might be posb..i dont know ?, but give your local honda dealership a call, and ask them if you put a brand new screen on your atv, can they re-program it to show the miles and hours your old meter/display has ?. I know car/truck dealerships can do this !, just not sure if atvs can be done the same way ?. JUST BE SURE TO WRITE DOWN THE MILES AND HOURS TO TRANSFER INTO THE NEW METER/DISPLAY !..LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
i'm fairly sure that mileage/hours cant be programed in a new screen from discussions here. it cost $200. roundabout for a new one, but they are out of stock at dealers, and probably always will be. got any old ones to sale?
that is why i want to know if i can just replace the led screen.. you would think the screens would be resistant to sunlight. it is an outdoor machine.. the mileage/hours is not stored in the screen. so why not just replace the screen. nuff said

381 - 400 of 413 Posts