Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just converted my TRX300FW to discs using the SuperATV kit, and I would now like to replace the factory rubber brake lines with braided. Anyone know of a source? I've done a good bit of searching, but can't find a direct solution. I'm sure that something else will work, but I don't know enough to go ordering.

Reactions: wheeler

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I just converted my TRX300FW to discs using the SuperATV kit, and I would now like to replace the factory rubber brake lines with braided. Anyone know of a source? I've done a good bit of searching, but can't find a direct solution. I'm sure that something else will work, but I don't know enough to go ordering.

Hot damn, I never even thought of that! Great idea!!!! I too have the disc brake conversion.

IF there are non online, you can take your brake lines to a Hydraulic shop and get them made. I've done that before at Bosh Hydraulics!

That's where I'll take mine!!!!! Awesome idea!!!!!! Thanks!:icon_ rocker:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hot damn, I never even thought of that! Great idea!!!! I too have the disc brake conversion.

IF there are non online, you can take your brake lines to a Hydraulic shop and get them made. I've done that before at Bosh Hydraulics!

That's where I'll take mine!!!!! Awesome idea!!!!!! Thanks!:icon_ rocker:
I've been considering this set-

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/980/13612/Tusk-Front-ATV-Steel-Braided-Brake-Line

I've contacted Rockymountain about it, to see if it will work. They don't list the 300 4x4, but I have a feeling that it will work. If anything, the lines are too long. Their first email reply wasn't very helpful, and I'm waiting to hear back.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Galfer is the top brand name for braided brake lines. If they dont have a kit already made for your quad you can measure the length and buy them specifically by length. I have galfer front and rear on my quad and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Reactions: wheeler and hodge5

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Galfer is the top brand name for braided brake lines. If they dont have a kit already made for your quad you can measure the length and buy them specifically by length. I have galfer front and rear on my quad and have nothing but good things to say about them.
I emailed Galfer (Rockymountain wasn't much help), and while they don't have a kit, they can make me a custom set. I'll get them measurements and see what the price is. This is the direction that I'll go.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no problem paying for something if it is a quality part. I'd rather spend it now, then waste money on junk and pay the price later.

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
I could think of two hydraulic shops here in New Orleans that could pull off duplicating some stainless braid brake hose assemblies to match a 300 , they may have to reuse the tee fitting , but would have the banjo fitting in stainless --------- I got stainless braid fuel hose on my boat engine , it is expensive -----if I had to guess , they would be at least $150 to do a 300 brake hose set up ---------------- I bent my banjo fitting at the calipers to get a better fit on my300 disc conversions , did you ???? how's about a pic of your hose routing !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Can I ask where you got your disc conversion from? I've not seen them anywhere here in the UK.
I'm in desperate need of some stopping power!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could think of two hydraulic shops here in New Orleans that could pull off duplicating some stainless braid brake hose assemblies to match a 300 , they may have to reuse the tee fitting , but would have the banjo fitting in stainless --------- I got stainless braid fuel hose on my boat engine , it is expensive -----if I had to guess , they would be at least $150 to do a 300 brake hose set up ---------------- I bent my banjo fitting at the calipers to get a better fit on my300 disc conversions , did you ???? how's about a pic of your hose routing !!!!!!!!

I did not bend the neck of the banjo fitting, but I was tempted! Routing the houses is a pain, but mine are clearing, so far. Specifically, the hose rides close to the lip of the rim, but it isn't making contact through the arc of steering. I'm keeping a close eye on it, but I think the braided hoses would be a better choice, narrower in profile, and easier to route.

I found a kit at Rockymountain, and I think it would work. But, the lines may be overly long. That kit is $69. I'm going to explore Galfer, and see what their set costs.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Can I ask where you got your disc conversion from? I've not seen them anywhere here in the UK.
I'm in desperate need of some stopping power!
super atv ( a supporting vender for us ) sells them here, just click on the link on the front page. also, high lifter sells them, that's where I bought my kit for my '03 trx450fm, love them !.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I posted two links for Highlifter and SuperATV- why did they get removed?

I seen your links --------- if you watch , you will see that a lot gets deleted ---
I jumped to a conclusion before looking far enough (I thought that I'd posted the links after responding about bending the banjo's)- my wife is right when she says I never look...:blink:

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
glad you found your link ----------on the highlifter forum if you mention any other brand of parts than highlifter they delete it --------- that is why I don't even read that site any more

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
glad you found your link ----------on the highlifter forum if you mention any other brand of parts than highlifter they delete it --------- that is why I don't even read that site any more
Nobody monitors that site now really. They had their good times and bad times for that foolishness over the years. I remember when the Silverbacks came out and they thought they were a copy of the Outlaw so they BANNED the mention of anything to do with Gorilla Axle on their forums for at least a few years lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.