Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
don't waste your money. if you want a good battery ?, either get a AGM or a oem battery from Honda.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love Walmart batteries. It all depends on the warranty. For my cars I have put a 7 year Walmart battery in each one. Did that many, many years ago. I have never had one last more than 2 1/2 years. I always get a free one when I take the dead one back. They seem particularly lame when it comes to analyzing the battery too, and just give me a new one and there are never any questions. Just "good service" (hehe). Every time. You get a new receipt with the new battery, so the clock start all over again.

I do park my cars outside, and temps are about 10-15 F here in winter, so that probably kills the battery prematurely, instead of reaching the "pro-rated" part of the contract. But hey, the contract also doesn't say the battery has to be garage kept.

Good luck, just my experience. But something to think about.

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
Every time. You get a new receipt with the new battery, so the clock start all over again..
that is not true at the Wally World by me , you get a new receipt but when you go back and they punch the number on the receipt in to the register it comes up with the original purchase date ------------I have never bought a atv battery from Wally but have bought a few car and boat batteries from them , they don't last but a couple to 3 years max , but like you say they will give you a new one with no problem

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i pay $45 for these AGM batteries. time will tell but the reviews were good so i went for it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DZ34T74

ThottleX is out of Michigan. had to contact them about something unrelated to ATVs. GREAT customer service

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
i pay $45 for these AGM batteries. time will tell but the reviews were good so i went for it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DZ34T74

ThottleX is out of Michigan. had to contact them about something unrelated to ATVs. GREAT customer service
I've got a AGM battery I bought from wally world about 8 years ago for my '89 trx350D foreman, it never has a battery tender on it ( most times..lol ), and I can go out in months times, and it still cranks it over. solid AGM battery, I think I paid a good 100 bucks for it back then ?, deff got my money's worth !.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
The battery people say that as a rule of thumb the heavier a battery the better it is (like for like). reasonable assumption I suppose, because the heavier it is the more lead it contains.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never skimp on $ for batteries, but a good point was made by my mechanic: Get one from your local parts house, and they will stand behind it.

A bad one will strand you, not worth it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Energizer batteries any good?

It's what came with mine and this thread got's me curious!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always believed that any battery will start the bike, a good battery will be there the day the bike doesn't start and allow you crank it to find the problem. As others have stated AGM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put a cheapie AGM from Amazon in mine; wasn't sure if the bike was going to be worth investing any money into at first, so I didn't want to spend any extra cash I didn't need on it. My dad put some lithium batteries in their 2 quads, and I might go that route. Supposed to stay up for over a year with no tender on them. They're expensive though, over $100 each.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I won't lie, I use Walmart EverStart on every bike/quad I've had to replace a battery on. Had one on my 86 LT230E, 5 years old, still doing fine when I sold it. They always honor the warranty, in my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
FYI, those Wal-Mart batteries are AGM batteries...

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wouldn't put Lithium on an ATV. Keep it simple.
Yeah, lithium seems like a dangerous idea considering the abuse they could potentially take on an ATV, and the volatility of lithium batteries.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.