Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't a gun site, but Some folks here I am sure are into hunting and or guns
and these are NOT very common rifles, all the more so the Lee!

SO< anyone interested in a old Marlin 1889 in .38W,
I'm Asking $800.00

or an old Remington Lee Navy 1885 Rifle in 45/70, it is however missing the cleaning rod
I/m asking $1,000.00

both guns are in good condition for being over a 100 yrs old, thus making them NON FFL needed sales

anyone interested please PM me an email address and can send pictures

here are a couple pic's

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Those are nice. . . the lever action looks like the old Chuck Connors rifle. . . great shape for the age. When is the last time they have been fired? My dad has an old 7.35 in the gun cabinet.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Lee hasn't been fired since about 1930 or so, bore is good, still shinny.
The Marlin, hasn't been fired since about 1048 or so, and same deal bore is good, NOT as good as the Lees, but I see no reason you could not shoot it if you wanted to.
I just have a LOT of guns and too many to shoot, had a gun store to support my hobby/ and as such, I was go to guy when folks wanted to sell collections, and bought many many of them over the yrs. So when you buy 40 or 50 guns at a time, getting around to shoot all doesn't happen, even when you want to, they just pile up too fast, and too many other things to do.
when I was younger, I never thought I would ever own a gun I didn't shoot, now, I have dozens and dozens of guns I haven't shot Lol
Lots I do or have shot, but, again, I kind of have a LOT of guns Haha!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
You blokes just have it too easy over there with guns. Over here we have to show good reason to own one.
I get on ok with the FAO but they'll still limit what I can have.

I want lots and lots of guns, but they just won't let me have them :icon_ nono:

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel for you, I don't think I could live any where I couldn't have all type guns I want, I love the history of the old, the improvements of the new. And there is NO real reason NOT to be allowed to have them, MORE people die in cars, and NO one bans them , or tells you how many you =an have, Lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Amen to that. When you ban them only the bad guys have them. Not like the bad guys suddenly start following the law.

My gun cabinet is full. That's when I know I have to stop collecting. If I want another I have to sell one to make room.

What I need to do is take my dad's Japanese type 99 and hang it on the wall on a plaque so I have one more spot in my cabinet!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Over here it's just been made law in Scotland that even air rifles have to be licensed, comes in shortly. Hope they don't bring it further south to us. Scotland will no longer be allowed to use air rifles for plinking in the back yard, can only use them at either designated sites or where you have permission for hunting etc.

I keep a sub 12 air rifle up the corner in the back lounge, just in case I see some vermin. When that new law kicks in they'll no longer be able to do that.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amen to that. When you ban them only the bad guys have them. Not like the bad guys suddenly start following the law.

My gun cabinet is full. That's when I know I have to stop collecting. If I want another I have to sell one to make room.

What I need to do is take my dad's Japanese type 99 and hang it on the wall on a plaque so I have one more spot in my cabinet!
as for Japanese type 99 Arisaka Rifle's, I have some of these as wel
also trying to sell right now this one LOL
it was created off a Arisaka Rifle action, back in the late 50's early 60's
was shortened to a 18 inch barrel, and re chambered into a 30/06 caliber
and then fitted with a nice fitting stock, nice checkering and then added a drop down mag/floor plate set up, like a rem 700 has, and all the stock work was very well done
BUT again, I don't need this rifle and never even shot this one either!

asking $300.00 for it, deer season is coming and should sell as we get close to rifle season here, when the last minute guys are hunting for a deer gun ! LOL

and as for gun cabinets , I stopped using them yrs back added up how much money was in mine at the time and , scared me , how that glass could be broken and bye bye a LOT of coin
NOW I have a few BIG safes, all full to the gills and then a few smaller one's and then I still have too many guns, in corners and in closets and under things, NOT many places in my homes that I cannot fall over and get to one LOL
THus why I keep trying to thin the collection
BUT seems like every time I get rid of a few, I get offered to buy more, and the prices are always too low to say NO to
but in the past say 2 yrs I did sell about 150 or so, as I said, I had WAY too many!
cannot tell you how many times I find one I forgot I even had!
I know my memory sucks, BUT, at some piint too many is possible
never thought so when I was younger, but some how it happened!

and NO I don;'t have pictures of all of them, these I just have handy as have guns listed else where too

Attachments

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Over here it's just been made law in Scotland that even air rifles have to be licensed, comes in shortly. Hope they don't bring it further south to us. Scotland will no longer be allowed to use air rifles for plinking in the back yard, can only use them at either designated sites or where you have permission for hunting etc.

I keep a sub 12 air rifle up the corner in the back lounge, just in case I see some vermin. When that new law kicks in they'll no longer be able to do that.
sorry you live in and close to such a silly ruling country
I'd again MOVE
here in my home state we can own machine guns tanks and grenade launchers, and Flame throwers
I even sold them for yrs!
its also why the USA has never really been invaded, as Last time it was tried it was lost cause
due to us citizens having guns, and we citizens NOW have more weapons than ever and better ones too LOL

the largest Army in the world, is small as to the amount of armed citizens in the USA, JUST ONE Sate has more folks with guns, than the largest army in the world, and we have WAY more than one state here too LOL
:icon_ lala:

·
Premium Member
742 Posts

sorry you live in and close to such a silly ruling country
I'd again MOVE
here in my home state we can own machine guns tanks and grenade launchers, and Flame throwers
I even sold them for yrs!
its also why the USA has never really been invaded, as Last time it was tried it was lost cause
due to us citizens having guns, and we citizens NOW have more weapons than ever and better ones too LOL

the largest Army in the world, is small as to the amount of armed citizens in the USA, JUST ONE Sate has more folks with guns, than the largest army in the world, and we have WAY more than one state here too LOL
:icon_ lala:

All very true :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts