Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I will try make this short and simple!!

Today before adjusting my valves I turned the cranked “clockwise” instead of “counterclockwise” about 2 cycles , I was told this could effect the timing , so having nothing else to do today I decided to remove the valve cover and check if everything was okay and in the progress a F**cking bolt snapped right at the bottom tip,(check pictures below to see exactly where)

I put everything back together started the engine and everything seemed alright , I was checking where the snapped bolt screws into for leaks and everything looked fine ,I really don’t have time to take apart the engine to fix this

Do you think there will be any consequences ignoring this ? Also how bad is spinning the crank the wrong way 2 cycles ?

And the pictures below are not mine they are from a video online

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last night I was thinking about it and since the other half of the bolt thread snapped the moment I tried removing the bolt don’t you think the broken Bolt thread is actually still holding everything in place since I Didn’t even get a proper turn on the bolt! WHAT DO you guys think ?????

·
Super Moderator
37,577 Posts
Last night I was thinking about it and since the other half of the bolt thread snapped the moment I tried removing the bolt don’t you think the broken Bolt thread is actually still holding everything in place since I Didn’t even get a proper turn on the bolt! WHAT DO you guys think ?????
as long as it does not leak oil ?, your ok for now. but sooner or later you do need to fix the broken bolt !. regardless as to what you were told, read, seen..whatever ?, NO..IT DOES NOT HURT THE ENGINE TO TURN IT THE WRONG WAY !!!.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as long as it does not leak oil ?, your ok for now. but sooner or later you do need to fix the broken bolt !. regardless as to what you were told, read, seen..whatever ?, NO..IT DOES NOT HURT THE ENGINE TO TURN IT THE WRONG WAY !!!.
Thank you for the reply , I wish I never had touched you those bolts !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts