Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the service schedule on the Pioneer 700 I see it calls for initial service at 100 miles/20 hours. Then looks like every 600 miles. Each service includes oil change and checking valve clearance. I plan on taking it to the dealer for the initial service because there are a few things that need to be adjusted under warranty. The Honda dealership network around here has shrunk to the point that any dealer service is now almost a whole day affair so I would like to do my own service after the initial. Oil change is fully explained in the manual. Anybody know what is involved in the valve clearance?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Looks like it may be easier than adjusting them on a quad, since you don't have to remove the tank and all the other stuff that is usually blocking the top of the motor. You just lift the bed.

Pioneer_valves

Rob

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
From a former P700 owner, look over the oil changing section close and invest in a good torque wrench especially when you put the internal filter in and oil plug. If memory serves me right there were some questions about the torque specs so you might look them up and review with the service department because a few guys on another site snapped those bolts on the oil filter plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.