Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cleaning the carborator does anyone know what the setting for a needle valve I have a 2002 honda fourman 450.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Are you talking about the jet needle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought you screwed the needle jet all the way into the seat then backed it out so many turns. How many turns?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i thought you screwed the needle jet all the way into the seat then backed it out so many turns. How many turns?
Oh, you're talking about the pilot screw (air/fuel mixture screw). Initial setting is 2 5/8 turns out from lightly seated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help. When I drive my Honda Rancher I will like press the throttle all the way but the fourwheeler will be reving high but not going fast. I checked the spark plug and the tip of it was black. I think there is something wrong with the adjustments on my Carborator. Help please.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I need help. When I drive my Honda Rancher I will like press the throttle all the way but the fourwheeler will be reving high but not going fast. I checked the spark plug and the tip of it was black. I think there is something wrong with the adjustments on my Carborator. Help please.
You need to adj the cluch

·
Registered
741 Posts
Definitely a clutch issue. Sounds like you could stand to replace clutch plates and fibers.

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Welcome to da forums...:icon_ devil: You need to adjust the clutch,download the correct e manual from the schematics,and repair manuals section on the main page,save to your desktop for quick referral...What type of oil are you using in your atv???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.