Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me again, the lady with just a bit of a project in the maintenance section!

Anyway, as I'm nosey I just wanted to know why you have your quads and what you use them for.

This is my third quad and I've just bought it as I'm having trouble controlling our old Tractor (I'm not heavy enough and can't stop the thing).

I have ponies and so the quad will be invaluable to me out on the fields, especially as winter is coming on quick.................just need to get the engine sorted as quick as possible.

· Registered
440 Posts
I'm on my 4th quad over the years... finally got a 4x4.. I use mine to trail ride occasionally, but mostly to haul things to and from the garden, and the biggest help is when I go into the woods to cut firewood... I use the quad cause it's easier to get in/out of places and uses less gas than my truck... go up and cut for about 2 weeks straight, then take the truck and trailer up in and haul everything out at a later time...

· Registered
1,965 Posts
I'm technically on my 5th quad, but its the newest one and I bought (financed) all by myself. I mostly have them for recreational riding and camping, and hauling wood.

· Registered
25 Posts
I use my quad almost constantly, to check on stock, to check fences and water, to check grass, to move salt. I don't use it much for recreation but if I take the backhoe to put in a gate or something I'll walk back and get the quad and take all the hand tools up with it and use it to run back and get the stuff I forgot. When I want to ride I use it to fetch the horses, I use it to change gates when I want to get stock moved somewhere else. I use it to run my 3 year old for a while before I ride him when I haven't been on him for a while.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
i just use my trx350d foreman 4x4 to get dirty ( this includes mud ) !..lol...every now and then..it comes in handy to pull very heavy stuff around..last time i used it to winch a jet ski motor from a tree branch..to lower the motor down..best warn winch i've ever had.

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
last time i used it to winch a jet ski motor from a tree branch
You better stay off those jet skis, you're going to get hurt of you can't keep it out of the tree tops. LMAO!!

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
last time i used it to winch a jet ski motor from a tree branch
You better stay off those jet skis, you're going to get hurt of you can't keep it out of the tree tops. LMAO!!
seeing how yer a mod now..you could at least fill in all of what i said..sheshhh..lol.

· Registered
88 Posts
My coil pack went out on my truck about 3 blocks from making it home tonight. So add "Recovery Vehicle" to the list.

· Registered
226 Posts
I used mine the other day and wench to pull a leaning ceder tree in the yard back up.

So Yard work,snow removal,play.

· Registered
606 Posts
Some of my old quads were utility. I used them for everything, horse care, plowing, hunting,fire wood, even as a dozer lol.
My last few quads have been sportys so they get used for cheating death and therapy...

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.