Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, just got a 2002 400ex, HMF full exhaust....im pretty new to all of this so i figured id come in here to get some knowledge.....only thing i hate about these forums is what i want to ask is in here somewhere, just a pain in the ass to find...i will post here and in another section....the guy that owned this before me put the HMF exhaust on there, he claims that it is the full exhaust, any on know how i can check the headers to see if they are stock or not? i just dont trust people haha, but anyways it pops and backfires a bunch when i let off from 3/4 to wide open so i ordered jets from the HMF website and it recommends 180/200 and the 42 pilot......anyone have any suggestions? im running stock filter with open box so im not sure if i should use those jets or?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. We have quite a few guys on here that have the 400EX, some of them should be around shortly to help you out.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
That looks like a stock pipe to me, but the guard looks like it's been painted. I think the guard is originally gray colored.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that does look about the same....im happy i asked cuz the guy told me it was full exhaust....and i think its just the slip on, maybe he just used the same guard though? but it didnt look like after market headers to me, but the exhaust sure makes it sound like it, louder than hell man

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i think its just the slip on, maybe he just used the same guard though?
I don't think the stock guard will bolt up to an aftermarket pipe, though. I could be wrong, but I don't think it will.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
i think its just the slip on, maybe he just used the same guard though?
I don't think the stock guard will bolt up to an aftermarket pipe, though. I could be wrong, but I don't think it will.
I agree. I have seen many exhausts and never seen a stock shield mounted to one, nor the area to bolt one too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome! What part of Upstate?

·
Registered
173 Posts
woot woot for upstate ny!!!!1

i live in albany county
welcome to the forums

1 - 17 of 17 Posts