Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Fourtrax 300 4x4. I am looking at going to a larger tire soon, and had a couple of questions about the change. I would like 26s all the way around, but the current setup is one inch smaller in the front. If i had a strict mud machine i wouldn't give this a second thought, but this fourwheeler does see some pavement. So, i would like to be able to put it in two wheel drive. I thought i read on here awhile ago that someone was supposed to start manufacturing a selector fairly soon. Anybody know the company name? If that was simply a rumor, what are the axle ratios and how difficult/expensive would it be to swap one to match the other? Also, any tips on how to net a little more power out of my 300? I would prefer to stay out of the engine, so what's the best bang for my buck otherwise? Thanks for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
your speaking of the warn 424 selector..which warn no longer makes..and another company is working on producing them. as for getting more hp out of your motor..thats a tough call..as i stick with stock..but..some ppl will add a after market muffler..and re-jet the carb and use another air filter..thats about all i know..other than that..you will have to bore out your cylinder..go to a larger piston.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
According to a High Lifter employee, they're supposed to have the 4-2-4 Select for sale by sometime this summer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
what do you mean by selector? is it so you can have 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive.? thats awsome. its for the honda fourtrax 300 4x4 right? i want one of thoes.!! if anyone finds the company that makes them let me know. thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
yes, its for the 300. selectable 2wd or 4wd. warn 424 was the one they used to make, they no longer make it. HL is talking about there coming out with a new one near summer time. HL is probably going to sell it.

OP i also noticed you said gears, there is a 14% reduction gear, i think it involves using the 300ex clutch basket. i think that is about as much as a gear reduction you can get tho.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
blowfishRus6 will be back shortly to give you some great advice. He says instead of disconnecting the FWD, just sell your 4x4 and get a 2WD it can go anywhere a 4WD will go and more. lol

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
jkhuntin will be here shortly to give you some great advice. He says instead of disconnecting the FWD, just sell your 4x4 and get a 2WD it can go anywhere a 4WD will go and more. lol I'm starting to think that jk stands for just kidding. :)
lmfao !!!..i'm sticking with 4x4 !..lol..too damn funny ^^^^^^!.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Who will be manufacturing the new selector?
I don't know who the manufacturer is, but according to High Lifter, they will be selling them by sometime this summer.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
OP i also noticed you said gears, there is a 14% reduction gear, i think it involves using the 300ex clutch basket. i think that is about as much as a gear reduction you can get tho.
Yes, you use the 300EX clutch basket and the primary gear.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
jkhuntin will be here shortly to give you some great advice. He says instead of disconnecting the FWD, just sell your 4x4 and get a 2WD it can go anywhere a 4WD will go and more. lol I'm starting to think that jk stands for just kidding. :)
I think it was someone else that said that. JK has a 4X4 Rincon. I think you have him confused with someone else. LOL.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Sadly, I really suck at names and you're probably correct, but I swore jk was ripping on 4x4. Ha. Sorry!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Sadly, I really suck at names and you're probably correct, but I swore jk was ripping on 4x4. Ha. Sorry!
I believe you were thinking of blowfish. LOL. Blowfish was the one that posted the videos of the 2wds and said we were hatin on 2wds.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i guess thats why that joke what not to funny!!!!! it dident make sense!!!!!

and yea i never ripped on the 4x4, just said 2x4 can do alot of things also, but it seemed like alot of people wanted to rip on that :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts