Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Front fender stay done. I did have to cut some of the plastic around the tank / seat area for it sit more flush. Also the supplied spaceres didnt work well. I had to turn 3/8" off on side to allow the rear fenders to slide on. Now to find another location for the battery and have frame sent to powercoat to get 90's red.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Automotive tire Fender Tints and shades Gas Rim

Shoe Saw Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Toy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Finished the frame. Put the battery box low on the frame, needed to move the brake splitter forward 2" I had good room for everything. Now nothing is hanging on the rear sub frame and everything will be up front like it should of been. I modeled it after my KFX450R. Frame goes for powder coat next week then i can just put it all back together.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Title came for the 97 frame I'm using. Still waiting for frame from powder coated. Bought a few more toys and sold some to hoard for another build.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Had some free time buttoned some things together. Everything's stainless hardware but the motor bolts. I used oem stuff for that due to tensile strength. Let's see what the next few weeks bring. I gotta do suspension shortly. Using banshee fronts on my 400ex arms converted to removable ball joint arms.

Enjoy girl scouts.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wiring is still the worst thing when putting a toy together. Add I the fact I relocated battery and added shock bottle lines uh. 2 hours just playing with combinations. Wiring basically done. I have to add a different lenght negative battery cable since the battery is up front now, kinda where honda should of put it. I ordered a brand new oem 400ex carb since I could get them yet. Tomorrow is a handful of more hardware from local store than I'll see where I'm at. I like the silver frame. Better choice than red like I was 1st thinking
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My 400ex carb didn't work nice on my 300ex air box. Looks like carb was 1/4" narrower than the 300e. Set up....no big deal. I cut the rear airbox mount off, milled a new once to reindex it closer. New negative battery cable ordered. I needed 54" so I got a 5ft cable to run on the other side of the frame. Putting things in places they didn't belong....but work functionally better. Off to hardware store for more stainless stuff.

Njoy!
Rectangle Grey Asphalt Wood Road surface

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exhaust

21 - 28 of 28 Posts