Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this quad for 30 years now. I began taking it apart to clean it up and paint it eight years ago, it has been sitting since. Now I am trying to get it up and running again. I bought a brand new battery and hooked it up when I turned the key on I had no lights or rather nothing happening at all. I tested the battery and checked numerous areas for power and there were several places with power including the battery. The one area I do not have power is, near the front end. I have a plug that isn't connected, please see attached photo. I have no other wires that are just hanging out there. A friend used a paper clip on the one plug that isnt attached to anything in the middle of the photo (white) and when he did this the lights came on by the ignition and the starter kept clicking over like the quad would normally try to start, which was a nice sound to hear. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't think mine has anything plugged in there. I might do some work on it later tonight and will try to confirm. Have you checked all fuses and connections? Also check wires as I had a wire with cracked insulation on a 97 300fw causing it to ground out on the frame.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
.... I have had the 250's , there are about 6 or 7 plugs in the front , I doubt that nothing went to that plug in your pic , it is too clean ------- lets see you have the front fender off , so maybe the removable head light and it's long extension wires went there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
fishfiles
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing