Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to this so here goes, i have a 2012 TRX680FA Fourtrax Rincon, i bought it a couple of years ago and it is in decent condition. I am having trouble with the motor cutting out mainly when the engine is hot. It will start back up but as i try to add throttle will cut out on me and so i start the process again, eventually it will engage again and i will get it back to my shop. i read where it was possibly the fuel filter when hot. So i have changed Oil, Oil Filter, air Filter and fuel filter but it is still the same, i assumed i would be able to adjust the idle speed and maybe this would fix it but i do not see where i can do that on this model, all help suggestions appreciated thanks.

If more info is required please reach out thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not the same machine, but my trx300 4x4 was cutting out on me, and it was stumbling under acceleration. I went through the fuel system, but it turned out to be a hairline crack in the porcelain on the spark plug. The plug looked real good, but replacing it is what made the difference. It may not be your problem, but it's a cheap diagnostic step to replace it with a new one (make sure it's gaped properly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts