Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasn’t lucky enough to get away with a shift angle sensor or shift motor, oh no, I had to do it the hard way! Motor out and stripped awaiting parts 🙄
https://youtu.be/kTxT3oI2IpQ
If you didn’t see my previous post , I was getting random gear selection issues, the ( — ) appearing each time but with no pattern to when it would work or crap out on me.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
you might be able to drill that broken return stud/bolt out, without having to remove any parts ?. center tap with a drift punch, start off with a small drill bit, work your way up to a larger drill bit, then try using an easy-out to remove the broken stud/bolt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The centrifugal clutch will stop me getting a direct line onto the bolt with the drill. I’ve no problem with drilling it out, just need direct access.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
The centrifugal clutch will stop me getting a direct line onto the bolt with the drill. I’ve no problem with drilling it out, just need direct access.
ah..ok, was hard to see the big pic in your video, prob best to remove the clutch then to get a straight drill on it :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
shadetree
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing