Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed deffective starter; parts are back order. Can I hand start and use Honda Trx420 with no starter in flywheel hole?

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you run it like that you are going to get contamination in your motor, so no, do not run it without the starter in the hole.

Why not put the old starter on till the new parts come in, even if it doesn't work?

I guess you are going to push start the bike?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not push start. TRX420 have recoil starter.
My question, will oil come out of flywheel/starter hole since it is located directly above engine?

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
You must be in Canada. 420's in the US don't have recoil starters.

Yes, oil will come out of the hole. Might not be a lot, but crankcase pressure will sling some out.

And again, running it with nothing in the hole is going to get all kinds of dust and crap in your motor, and that kind of contamination will RUIN your motor, so unless you want to rebuild the entire thing, do NOT run it with a big open hole in the back of it!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
You must be in Canada. 420's in the US don't have recoil starters.

Yes, oil will come out of the hole. Might not be a lot, but crankcase pressure will sling some out.

And again, running it with nothing in the hole is going to get all kinds of dust and crap in your motor, and that kind of contamination will RUIN your motor, so unless you want to rebuild the entire thing, do NOT run it with a big open hole in the back of it!
I think you can add the recoil starters on the trx420 ?, it's optional, but deff can be put on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes in Canada all TRX420 have recoil starter.
I did not put old starter in place because all magnets on outer cassing were shattered. Difficult to re-assemble.
Thank you for help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts