Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

As per the title I am getting a code 44 (4 long blinks, 4 short blinks) on my ATV. It happened whilst out hunting and I instantly turned the bike off as I thought it had overheated (All I noticed in the few seconds was flashing engine light and coolant light on, gear indicator went blank). I waited 10 minutes and had a drink before turning the key back on. Thermo fan kicked in straight away and I was given a code 44. I checked the coolant, all good, engine oil, all good. Decided to walk back to the car and grab the trailer to get it home. By the time I got back the bike had well and truly cooled down, engine was cold to touch. Tried to start again but as soon as the key was turned to ignition spot the thermo fan kicked in and the bike wouldn't start (won't turn over, assuming the fault prevents starter motor from operating as a safety device).

Been sitting in the shed for 2 weeks now and I can't find anything in the manual or on google. So the floor is open to you experts haha.

Cheers, Tristan

·
Registered
222 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks heaps! My manual doesn't list any of those codes. Even the local Honda shop weren't able to tell me straight away. I will ring them tomorrow and let them know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts