Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating buying a 400ex as a trail bike. However I have some questions about the use of it as a trail bike, how well can it get through the woods in very tight areas as well as climb hills (not wide open but at relatively low speeds). I ask because i have a old 200cc foreman that will go everywhere in the woods and will climb just about any hill so i was just wondering compared to the foreman how will the 400 ex do. I know its kinda comparing apples to oranges but i just sold my kx250 so im not looking for a utility fourwheeler, im looking for something with a little more speed but still has the ability to creep around the woods and stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The 400ex is an amazing machine. Plenty of power and it's intended use is as a trail quad. It is geared so you can drop extremely low into the rpm of each gear without stalling, unlike it's big brother the 450. A couple of mods to the machine and you can have a potent race machine. It is also narrow enough to make tight trails easy but wide enough to keep it stable(with upgraded tires. The stock Dunlops on Honda's sport quads suck)

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not if you hit the gas and give it a hard turn ;)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The 400 is a great quad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
me and my 400ex love the woods. i haven't had to back up for a turn much at all. and plenty of power to play fast if you desire to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.