Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Will do thanks but have tried 6 coils none have spark with either a spark plug or a screwdriver thats close to the frame/engine
but were you doing this with the spark plug boot on them ??..lol.

and make sure the coil has a good clean, tight connection to frame !.

has this engine been apart at the flywheel anytime lately ?.

We thaught it was the pickup coil and swapped that for a known good one, everything went back together right as per the service manual
before you swapped pick up coils...was it at anytime firing then ?. any chance you may have pinched any of the wires at the back when you did this work ?. you really need to take a step back, and think of when all this started ?, what were you doing when it just died ?. when it did die, did you check from spark plug spark then ?. was it shut off anytime with the kill switch ?, was/has the ignition switch been checked for power going in, and coming out ?. most important question i have is...WHY DID THE NEUTRAL LIGHT GO OUT ?, AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAKE IT COME BACK ON ?. have you checked the diode in the fuse block ?.

This is what the wiring diagram shows on the ignition coil View attachment 150738
this is useless too me, why ?, because all it shows me what i already know, the spark plug is connecting the coil to the engine as ground for spark...this does not ground the coil to the frame !. and have you checked all your harness grounds to frame ??.

Pronlem fixed kill switch wire was cut and not supplying power back into the cdi
well..i am sure i asked you a couple times to pull the switch housing apart, and check the switch wires...did i not ???, but anyway..thank you for the update !. as i said...the simple stuff always bites us hard when we over look it !.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.