Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I've got a question for those of you who do mods to your ATV's. My TRX300 has a busted rear axle, would it be better to rebuild the rear diff and buy a new axle shaft, or buy a complete used axle assembly from a Rancher 350 and fab it to fit the 300? I have access to a shop, with plenty of welders and tools. And I'm pretty sure the older Ranchers have the same diff case and gear ratio as my 300, but they're a lot more durable.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I don't think the Rancher 350 has the same gear ratio as the 300, but the old '85-'87 Fourtrax 250 and the '86-'89 Fourtrax/Foreman 350 does.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, it's the 350 Foreman rear axle. How much would it cost to get a complete Foreman rear axle? Would it be a worthwhile project?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I don't know, I've never done the swap myself, but I like the idea. We have a member (jemmy3) that swapped a Fourtrax 250 rear end in his 300 and there's a lot of guys over on the High Lifter forums that have used both the 250 and 350 rear ends.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
ubernoob
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing