Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace tires on a 1994 TRX300FW. I see so many types that my head hurts. I am an older guy using this machine one month a year to hunt. I will need tires good for old logging roads, little bit of mud, some stream crossings etc. No technical riding or sand or stuff like that. There is a chance there could be several inches of snow at times as well. I see mud tires, A/T tires Sand tires etc. to choose froma and am confused as all get out. The owners manual is no help as it just gives thew right tire size. Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Kenda bear claws are a decent all around type tire. The stock tires were probably good for you and if you can find them or the current version [what ever brand is on your machine] they'd probably suit you well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I think its been a while since original tires were on this machine. It currently has GVT Dirt Devils and the back tires are wrong size according to manual. Spec calls for a 24X9-11 and prior owner has 24X10-11 currently on it. The dirt devils seem like a very aggresive v-shaped thread vs. the nubby looking original tires I see in the Clymer manual I putchased. Do you think its a bad thing to have a 10 inch tire in back instead of the 9" the book calls for?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The first number is the height, the second number is the width, so you have 10 inch wide instead of 9. Thats not a problem.

You can change the height [within reason] if you keep the same ratio from front to back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You might check out Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.com. They've got a lot of tires & wheels on there for pretty good prices.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Pain is right. That's just the width of the tire and that will be fine. Dirt Devils should work fine if the tread is still good on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts