Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1998 TRX300FW 4x4 and need to replace a front rim. The good rim is solid, no holes around the perimeter, but I have seen some 300s with the holes-type front rims, even later models up to 2000. Is there any rhyme or reason for this? Just trying to make sure I'm looking for the right replacement.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We, my father and I, both bought new TRX300's in 1999. They both had the same rims, and so did all of the models on the floor at the time.
I just sold my set-

The TRX350 had rims with holes, versus the triangle slots- perhaps what you've seen on some 300's were 350 rims. As far as I know, the 300 came with one style, when new.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I just got a 1998 TRX300FW 4x4 and need to replace a front rim. The good rim is solid, no holes around the perimeter, but I have seen some 300s with the holes-type front rims, even later models up to 2000. Is there any rhyme or reason for this? Just trying to make sure I'm looking for the right replacement.
Is this difference in wheel type you mean? These are 350D rears (fronts are the same hole pattern) on the front of my trx300.

(It matches the width of my rear end while I wait for spacers to be delivered.)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I think some of the early 300 big reds had the same style wheel fitted, they also made some in a 12" rim.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My original rim looks like the one in the second post photo. It has slots to access the adjustment plug. The holes I was referring to are circular, between the hub and the outer rim edge. Some Ranchers have those, but in 12" size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a replacement rim yesterday from Willie's Cycle in Camp Hill, Alabama. Solid outer rim like I was looking for. Just under $33, and came with a usable tire that will be there until I can get new ones later. They have a website and ebay store, and were busy in person and on the phone dealing in parts and such.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I got a replacement rim yesterday from Willie's Cycle in Camp Hill, Alabama. Solid outer rim like I was looking for. Just under $33, and came with a usable tire that will be there until I can get new ones later. They have a website and ebay store, and were busy in person and on the phone dealing in parts and such.

I didn't know Willies had atvs...Been years since I've been there... Cool place...tons of motorcycle parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts