Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive changed everything the CDI , Ignition coil, Spark plug, Starter, Solenoid, fuse, carb is new, Battery is good, im getting compression, just no spark also my wiring is all jacked up, i dont have the handle bar controls, i replaced the key and have a on and off switch. i was thinking about gettin a wire harness but idk if thats the problem... I also noticed my reverse and neutral sensor wires going into the side cover were damaged... I need help... Ive watched just about every youtube video.... I even have the service manual... I still cant get my atv started....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently replaced the ignition switch on my 87 TRX 250 with a cheap one I found on the web and notice installing it the wires were incorrect although they would have just plugged right in and had to cut and splice the wires to make it work correctly. If it's the same as mine there are 4 wires leaving the switch power supply, power out and the other 2 are for the kill switch. I know the starter won't operate if it doesn't see the neutral safety but don't think that would kill spark.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i do know on some fourwheelers i dont know if hondas are included if you short out the selonoid it will not have spark and will not start but if you use the starter button it would start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my trx 250 will start by bypassing the solenoid as long as key is on, its in neutral kill switch in run position. with key on do your indicator lights come on (reverse, neutral and oil temp)?

·
Registered
281 Posts
this was a completly different machine it was a suzuki raptor racing quad (as far as i know) and it was smashed into a tree the kid broke his arm and put it up for sale so my uncle bought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts