Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TRX300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this TRX300 runs great but had a oil leak on the left side. I cleaned it up and resealed the cover but still leaked. I finally found the leak but not sure why it is leaking here. Can anyone explain. It's coming up from the Recessed hole over the rocker arm shaft. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think no loctite was installed when screwing in the the rocker are shaft, and since they can't be tighted really hard they leak you will need to take off the head cover to put some loctite on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes honda bond will work
just make sure to clean the place where you are going to put it. Like oil and grime, brake cleaner will do the job.

·
Registered
2006 TRX300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow mystery solved.No wonder that no one could tell why it was leaking here proably never seen anything like this. Apparently the previous owner was a idiot and could not figure out how to get the dowel pins out to remove the rocker arms and thought it would be a good idea to drill holes in the cover and drive them out. Jeez!!!.
Hopefully I can seal that end of the shaft with honda bond. Any other ideas would be great!!!

·
Registered
2006 TRX300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hondabond didn't work. I had two bolts break and had to remove the cylinder and head to get them out. I found a used head cover for 70.00 and bought it to keep from having to take it apart again. Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts