Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if on the 2009 TRX250X (with the front to back driveshaft layout) it is possible to remove the driveshaft that connects to the transmission and replace it with a normal chain sprocket? (which would mean rotating the engine sideways so that it would fit in a golf cart:D and be chain driven) Are there any sprockets out there that would fit the spline and would there even be a way to attatch the sprocket secure enough to the shaft?

Thanks for any help!:)

Cam

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
There goes a nice 250ex.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Agree use a kawasaki motor insead, save the TRX for real riding.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Come on guys, answer his question. In theory it would work. If you could weld the sprocket to the shaft I think you would be good.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
You can weld the sprocket to the shaft, if you don't get it too hot and melt the shaft seal. Soak a shop towel or something in water and wrap it around the shaft to keep it cool. Weld a little at a time, while letting it cool and keep changing wet shop towels and it will work.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
It would be much much easier to take the rear out of a 250ex extend the axles and use the shaft drive option instead you would have to fab a new longer shaft but it would work.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It would be much much easier to take the rear out of a 250ex extend the axles and use the shaft drive option instead you would have to fab a new longer shaft but it would work.
Yeah, I believe you are right. That would be a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Agree^^^^^^^^!!

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Welding a sprocket on is a bad idea. You will have to cut it off when it wears out. All that heat wont be good for the shaft either.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
True.Very true.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Goodbye inetryconydot. I doubt that you will be around for long. This is an ATV forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts