Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my parts manual online it says the stock one is a 12 tooth. But, on mine, there is an 11 tooth sprocket. How do I know which came on it? I see references online where others have stock 11 tooth sprockets. I ordered a 12, but wondering if I need to put an 11 on it like it had. I have no idea if its original. The one on it now is a Sunstar 11 tooth.

WHich is right? Does it matter? I know a smaller tooth up front makes it peppier, but is it enough to matter? Is the stock gearing not good enough? No where, in 1986, 1987 or 1988 do I see an 11 tooth front sprocket, so I don't know why anyone would have one stock.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
you might have to get another chain if you switch back to 12 t from 11 t , there may be enough of adjustment but then again there might not be ------I know when I was running my 200sx , I had to keep cutting links off every so often as the chain was stretching

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the only chain available for it that was good is an 84 link and the stock is 80. I assume I can just remove a few links??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts