Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever replaced the kinpin bushes on a TRX200D? The 200D bushes have a flange on the top so they cannot be hammered out. I have heard of using a hacksaw to cut a narrow slot in the bush which will allow it to compress to a smaller diameter but it would still have to be pulled out? I guess Honda has a special tool for this! It may be possible to drift them out for the other end with a suitable drift but I am hesitant in case I damage the knuckle bore.

Model - Honda TRX200D
Year - Not sure, the label is unreadable but it is a four speed so I guess 1990-91?

Many thanks
Neil

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,960 Posts
They should come out pretty easy using a drift punch. If you're worried about buggering up the knuckle bores you could try to use a hardwood (or polycarbonate plastic) round dowel to knock them out. The worn kingpin could be used to drive them out as well. Tap around the inner diameter of the bushes in four places to gradually walk them out.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi retro,

thanks for taking the time to reply. As you mentioned they were not to hard to just drift out, I was imagining them being seized in solid but no, they drifted out fairly easily.

On to next task now - swing arm bearings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.