I have the filters for the TRX250x the 200 only have a screen B:UT

waht oil do i use in the machines?

i've seen people talking about useing just 15-40 oil

and som kind of energy saving oil

what should i use

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Use a 10w-40 motorcycle or atv oil mean for wet clutches. The cheapest I have seen is by Valvoline. You can get it at AutoZone or Advance Auto for about $4 a quart. Your 200 will only take about a quart and the 250x will be around 2 quarts.

Rob

·
Registered
606 Posts
Like dr.feelgood said the oil has to be designed for a wet clutch. I would suggest any oil brand besides Castrol. Unless you want to give your hard earned money to BP (BP owns Castrol). lol

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I ran the mobile one synthetic for a while then the price went up to the same as amsoil and i changed over to amsoil because i get a good deal on it from a local shop. Amsoil seems to hold up a little better over time.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Honda GN4 is the recommended oil, but any oil designed for wet clutches should be fine.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I recommend AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke Synthetic. It withstands the high temperatures of ATV's - resisting heat and thermal breakdown, keeps engines clean and controls oil thickening to provide excellent operating efficiency, and is also wet clutch compatible. I run this in both my 250r and 400ex.

Let me know if you would like a quote.

Read More Here...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts