Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 trx450er that I bought from a guy. It was stripped where the bolt goes into the crank case cover. My buddy said he could fix it and told me to take it off. In doing so I removed the plastic piece under the gas tank to get to the cover and unhooked the wires to the coil. When my buddy brought back the fixed product upon installing the coil wires, he accidentaly hooked up the temp sensor wire to the coil. Could this have fried the coil, cdi box or the stator possibly. I am getting no fire to the plug at all. The plug was checked in anither quad so I know it is good. Any help would be great.

Thanks K:icon_cussing:evin

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I have a 2006 trx450er that I bought from a guy. It was stripped where the bolt goes into the crank case cover. My buddy said he could fix it and told me to take it off. In doing so I removed the plastic piece under the gas tank to get to the cover and unhooked the wires to the coil. When my buddy brought back the fixed product upon installing the coil wires, he accidentaly hooked up the temp sensor wire to the coil. Could this have fried the coil, cdi box or the stator possibly. I am getting no fire to the plug at all. The plug was checked in anither quad so I know it is good. Any help would be great.

Thanks K:icon_cussing:evin
Have you checked to make sure you don't have a blown fuse?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Well mud, we must have been typing at the same time and you beat me to it. LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The first thing I would check is the coil. See if you can get a multi-meter and test the coil.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Is your connections good.Sometimes when you disturb something it will not re connect properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts