Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have bought a new trx 420 fourtrax that has a speed limiter on it that limits you to 60 km/hr does anyone know how to removed it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No, but I'd love to see pics of your bike, that's the exact machine I want to get.

60 klics is about 40mph? Wonder why they would do that. Might it be a regional thing? Never heard of it here in the states.

But, frankly, I have a couple foremans, and I don't get higher than around 45-50 under the best of conditions. Do you need to go that fast? Nevermind. Dumb question. ;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
have bought a new trx 420 fourtrax that has a speed limiter on it that limits you to 60 km/hr does anyone know how to removed it.
What year is it?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The FPA only came out in 09, the P stands for power steering.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
How can a rev limiter help him remove the existing rev limiter?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The rev limiter is a safety devise installed so you don't blow your motor. It is controlled through the CDI. By putting an aftermarket CDI in this will allow the motor to climb an additional 1000rpm resulting in a bit more mph. All aftermarket CDI's generally raise the limiter by 1000rpm.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Thanks Red I was brain locked on the comment I made earlier I couldn't think of CDI lol I need sleep really bad!!! but I got a roostboost (which only change timing by altering the ignition pickup) on my quad I don't think I even have a rev limit anymore I'm not going to push it to see either.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I know my CR500 will keep climbing until it blows up

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Well that's the way my 250X will do but i won't push that envelope. I don't want to do any unnecessary rebuilds

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Theres a green wire on my 450er when you clip it it gives you an additional 1000rpm and it does work.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Don't think so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts