Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CDI box pinouts / pin-inns has two on the right of box the top one is 12v switched power, the bottom one 12v. That's fine
The other plug far left is ground on the bottom and blue and white top for signal
My issue is that the middle top connector goes to coil positive and the bottom being also a ground (supposedly) well it goes to a yellow and white wire to the stator
Why, its a ground or its supposed to be

My wife of ten years told me to get her something that will make her look good so I went out and got drunk

·
Registered
465 Posts
If that yellow/white wire is grounded it wont run. I just got in to this recently. It's supposed to see an AC signal. I had a rectifier bad causing a no start condition.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Download the service manual and check parts links in my signature block below
Sometimes you have to buy a printed service manual to clearly see the wiring diagrams

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't and its fucking bullshit, back in the day you could find one for anything for free. Now you do one search and as soon as you click on any image the website automatically loads a program into your computer so that no matter where you look or what you click it takes you right back to them asking for money to show you what you want. Fuck that company it should be burned to the ground and the people that run it should be tortured to death. Find someone online that lives close to you( one your year ) and go take a look at it. What issue are you having maybe I can help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hip to that and every cdi box for sale on the internet says that spot on the connector is supposed to be ground, but no this dam year we have or I have has some day yellow and white wire going to that spot. Don't look at me I couldn't get paperwork on the thing so I quit working on mine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking of putting the motor in a golf cart but now not so much. you want it 50 bucks the seat, plastics and tank ore pretty much total history but other than that is all there, Its got plenty of compression and etc...No paperwork

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
California
How are you doing?
SUP, I don't log in here all that often since I gave up on the TRX thing moreover this website in and of itself should have all the wiring schematics for every year posted here, what kind of a rinkey dink website is this that they don't? I'll bet they are an cahoots' with the place that wants money for those things, In any event if you want to get at me use my email, [email protected]. I've got a brother in Boise, well Meridian to be exact

1 - 20 of 20 Posts