Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a 2004 TRX 250tm project not running. No battery in it so I'm just using jumper cables from lawn mower to crank it over. When I crank over I get it to spark once. If start to crank it will spark once then it will also spark once I let off, so on start of cranking and end of cranking but no spark in between. I bought and installed a used CDI and a new spark plug but getting same result. Coil ohms out to .7ohms. I have completely removed handle bar kill switch out of the picture and still no change. Will a faulty nuetral switch cause this? I feel it be grounded out by a switch or something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated

· Premium Member
5,960 Posts
You can find a copy of the FSM in your other post, or you can get one HERE.

What you are describing sounds like either a bad CDI or a bad trigger/pulse gen. I would put a good battery in it for testing... in certain cases jumper cables alone may not be good enough.

The step-by-step diags (and specs) you need for troubleshooting are in the FSM. Welcome to the forums!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.