Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 trx250r was taken Friday night.

I am not sure,but I think it was a guy that came out to my house from Rome GA.

If anyone in GA is on these boards,please keep a look out.

Cash reward$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Man I'm sorry.But that quad might turn anyone into a thief.That thing is mint.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man. I hope you get it back.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
That sucks. You had someone at your house that you think did it??? Go check it out.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Sorry to here thar when you find the guy that stole it BEAT HIS ASS and then call the Police.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you in temple??? just saw a craigslist add, looks like your 250.

im down the road in carrollton. ill keep an eye out. sucks to hear.

i would see if you wanna go ride some time but i dont think that is the case. from the looks of the add it is a pretty sweet ride. hope you get it recovered.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Those are not saying it was stolen... those say cash only, don't have room for it anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I didn't know he was trying to sell it before hand

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You know how this works right? You have a listing on CraigsList and a "potential buyer" comes to check it out. They say nah it's not what I'm looking for blah blah and leave. Then later that night or the next they come and steal it. It has happened around here too. I now only meet at a public place when selling stuff on CL so they can't see where I live or what I have in my garage.

To the OP, that sucks man and I hope you recover your quad.

Rob

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
You know how this works right? You have a listing on CraigsList and a "potential buyer" comes to check it out. They say nah it's not what I'm looking for blah blah and leave. Then later that night or the next they come and steal it. It has happened around here too. I now only meet at a public place when selling stuff on CL so they can't see where I live or what I have in my garage.

To the OP, that sucks man and I hope you recover your quad.

Rob
Yeah, that's a good ideal.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yeah, it is a good idea. There was a recent case where I live where a guy listed a diamond ring on CL. Some men showed up at his house, tied up the family, killed the man and robbed the house.

I never give my name or address until I talk to them several times, but I think I'll stop having people come to my house. Just not worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow man I'm sorry I hope you get your quad back.

I try not to have people from CL come to my house either, but if it's just something I cant help, I always have my .45 on my hip with my wife out there with her 9mm on her hip. Not to mention the NRA stuff everywhere and 3 gaurd dogs, I hope to deter any wouldbe theives.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Gotta watch craigs list buyers. In my town last year a guy had 2 warriors stolen he listed on C.L. 2 guys showed up with no truck or car and then took them for a test ride around the yard at the same time. Needles to say they took off together. Stupid move on the owners part.
Also last year there was a atv chop shop busted on Cape Cod. They would reply to C.L. adds look at the quad and then come back a few days later and steal them.
When ever I sell something on C.L. I will usually try to meet someplace. But if it is at home I tell people they need to wait in the driveway buy there car because if my german shepard gets out (of the house or yard) he will attack them (and he will). :dry:
To the OP keep a eye on ebay also.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would go find that guy uand beat the truth out of him!!!!!!:icon_ owned:

·
Registered
152 Posts
quad

Sorry to hear about your quad. I get so pissed off when I here this kind of stuff. You put your hard earned money and time into getting your machine the way you want it and some dirt ball low life steals it. I'd have no problem with that dirt ball getting some busted up limbs accidentally! I hope you find your quad! I take it that there is no ID #'s on it? If you have the #'s, Go check those quads out! It sucks that someone can steal from us, then we have to prove that it's yours to recover it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone.

No new info other then some CL postings.

I listed the quad to sell that day with my #,not thinking my home # is listed.
The timing is what has me off.

My son's b-day was that Friday.
We where playing hide and seek till after 1am.
I was on my back porch @ 1:45
The cop who took the report was in front of my house(dead end street) @ 3:30-3:50/4 am
My neighbor left his house @ 5 am
I have a 8ft privacy fence,you can't see my stuff from the road.

They ignored
2003 400ex
2001 warrior 350
can am 450
and 6 other atv's

They took mu 250r and my pressure washer.
That has me scratching my head.

The warrior has beadlock rims,full mx atv,parked next to the R.

I have had about 5-6 people @ my house that it could be,but it would turn up,they are all local.

I had one weird call 3-5 days prior but they wanted to buy a street bike,asked nothing about the 250r.

I am looking in Alabama very hard,hope it turns up

Thanks for everyone's help.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts