Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
Fish you still got room for more beer, and i don't see any steaks (rib eyes) in ether pic!

That's the ice box on the patio , frozen food is inside , only thing in that freezer is ice and Crown Royal Green Apple

Funny story on that patio refrigerator , Home Owners didn't want to cover me because when they inspected the house they opened the box without my permission and found alcohol , they wanted the alcohol gone , a cabinet built around the refrigerator or a lock on the door , it came down to I told them to cancel the policy and had another company ready to step in , then they decided it was OK , so it has been 11 years and they made $20K off me now , a named stormed gets a deductible of about 10-20% , they sure do name them fast now days , this one got a name even earlier than usual , it's Barry

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
There is an island that goes out into Bayou St John , with very rich houses on it , a tornado went thru yesterday and hit just one house and destroyed it , the houses next door were untouched , the guy is a well known neon artist , they were showing video of his house , the house was built of old cypress , the roofs gone , the inside the house a total mess , his wife and dog under the rubbish survived , most of his art works destroyed , amazing how selective Mother nature can be

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
There is an island that goes out into Bayou St John , with very rich houses on it , a tornado went thru yesterday and hit just one house and destroyed it , the houses next door were untouched , the guy is a well known neon artist , they were showing video of his house , the house was built of old cypress , the roofs gone , the inside the house a total mess , his wife and dog under the rubbish survived , most of his art works destroyed , amazing how selective Mother nature can be
I still find this amazing, how storms can be so selective on what gets damaged and what doesn';t
this yr we had a lot of major storms, and twisters, and seen a lot of houses GONE and others next door not get a scratch, or lone tree's standing in sections that got total wiped out! from things

makes one wonder

and that's a shame on them old cypress timbers, there far and few these days
most of them BIG one's were all timbered away so long ago, people just took for granted back then , that they were killing o!ff all the big one's and greed took over I guess, as it does when money is involved!

the Buffalo of the south them trees were, and they went over brad cutting them down!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I saw the inside of the house on the news in the Houston market. Huge living area and beautiful wood. Looked like a modern house built in the 70's.

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
Whats up with all the 'light beer'? Isnt American beer light to begin with? :icon_ rofl:
Lite beer to me is not dark beer , I don't like any of the dark , heavy beers -------it is not about the alcohol content of one beer , cause I am drinking 15-20 when I do drink , I am not a sociable drinker , I am on a mission , I do shots while I drink beer , Crown Royal Green Apple is my favorite as of lately , Blackberry MoonShine , Grey Goose , Patron , Jose , Top Shelf will do

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like beer. I'm pretty much a beer whore. I'll drink just about any kind of beer and enjoy it.

I have a kegerator in the carport. When I first got it I kept craft beer in it (Boulevard brewing out of Kansas City has some good beer) and I quickly discovered I was packing on a LOT of weight, so I switched back to Coors Light or Miller Lite.

I'm like Fish. I drink several when I drink, so if I'm drinking "good beer/ craft beer" I get full and sleepy, but I can go through a lot of "light beer" and make it through the ride.

Craft/heavy beer is when I'm having one or two with a meal.

Light beer is for a 5 hour ride or watching a ballgame.

It's all beer, and it's all good!

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
All of us Rednecks are trying to watch our figures.:devil
not me, thought i dont like it, when i get above 131. :grin
i got a friend from way back, who could drink iron city beer. it was $2.oo a six. it tasted like it had heavy metals in it to me. i couldnt. when i seen a storm was going to hit LA. first i thought calafornia, an then frisco. they could use a storm, to wash the streets. :smile

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All of us Rednecks are trying to watch our figures.:devil
not me, thought i dont like it, when i get above 131. :grin
i got a friend from way back, who could drink iron city beer. it was $2.oo a six. it tasted like it had heavy metals in it to me. i couldnt. when i seen a storm was going to hit LA. first i thought calafornia, an then frisco. they could use a storm, to wash the streets. :smile
When I was about 10 years old, the elderly people next to me gave me some stuff their son had in a box in their attic. Among that stuff was an OLD Iron City Beer. Pull tab steel can.

When I was about 19-20 we ran out of beer one night and I figured "How bad can it be?"

It was bad. Real bad. I can drink about anything if I'm desperate, but no telling how old that thing was, and how many times it had gotten really hot and really cold while in their attic.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
being a kid in Ohio..down by the river...my Pap always had Iron City..and on the weekend, they sold the "low power" version too...don't ask me what the proof % was on that.. I was a grade schooler.. I just remember that was what was always in his fridge.

by the time I was in high school...we had moved down the South Carolina..and I started going out fishing with my great uncle..only thing allowed in his cooler was PBR...so at 15yrs old...if I wanted something to drink on his boat..it wasn't gonna be a pepsi...and the only candy that I'd take that wouldn't melt in the heat was my peanut M&Ms...to this day I still eat the M&Ms with my beer..and longer story, but I'm known literally around the world from my career travels for whippin out a bag of M&Ms when the beers are being passed around
don't care for any lite beers...but other than that.. I'm a cheap date..give me an IceHouse, or a Bud or Miller..etc...long as it's cold.. I don't care what's on the label...never cared for the stouts when I was across the pond.

for ya'll down that way..hope everyone stays safe n dry as possible...at least on the outside (grin)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
never really drank that much through the years...only got stupid 3 times (that I can recall) LOL

just the occassional social one n done...and that was even being a lounge lizard guitarist for many many years.

hard enough to keep from having too much roof over the toolshed these days..don't need to feed it with 6 packs of brewsky.

·
Premium Member
12,277 Posts
All my life I never evacuated for hurricanes , we always had a hurricane party , I didn't want to evacuate for Katrina , but the wife did and I went with her , good choice on her part ------- one good thing , our water trails will be wet and deep the rest of the summer , might need to extend them snorkels

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
never really drank that much through the years...only got stupid 3 times (that I can recall) LOL

just the occassional social one n done...and that was even being a lounge lizard guitarist for many many years.

hard enough to keep from having too much roof over the toolshed these days..don't need to feed it with 6 packs of brewsky.
You probably don't even remember the fifty others times you got "real stupid" LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
10 Participants
LedFTed
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing