Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trx300fw....clutch shifts fine and dosent slip or jerk.....but when starting from a dead stop it acts as if it slips into gear instead of taking off like normal. Now after my top end rebuild i did have the right side cover off, so is there something maybe i didnt get lined up right? Again, there is little engagement when starting off and then it just slips into action at a higher rpm than i am used to. Thanks in advance!

Brandon

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
When you had the right side cover off, did you have the clutch lever off? If you did, did you time it when you put it back on? It has a punch mark on it that has to be aligned with a mark on the crankcase. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i did have it off and i knew that was going to be part of the problem lol. So whats happening? Is that causing the centri clutch from engaging on time?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It doesn't have anything to do with the centrifugal clutch, but it does the change clutch. The clutch lever is the part that disengages and engages the change clutch when you shift gears. If it isn't timed right, it's probably not letting the clutch engage all the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool...thanks! now the triangle piece that has the bearings on it.....does the spring face in toward the motor, or out toward the case

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
ok cool...thanks! now the triangle piece that has the bearings on it.....does the spring face in toward the motor, or out toward the case
Yep, spring faces in toward the clutch.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
After you align the clutch lever, make sure the lifter cam is lined up with the clutch lever. The drawing below shows how everything goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts