Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use for hauling your ATVs. I want the smallest trailer I can get away with for being able to haul 2 "fullsize" ATVs (one side and one long). I'm thinking 6X10 for this arrangement? Has anyone had a trailer custom built and do they cost a fortune? BTW, I have a Toyota Tacoma 2x4 double door V6 long bed.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
I would go with a 6X12. I have a 5X10 and i put 2 on it and the one on the back is close to the edge. Hear is a pic of mine on the back and you can see how close it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love it if a 5X10 would work. I hate pulling all trailers much less a real long one.

T

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well. You could always load one in your truck and get a 4x6 trailer. Even my 08 forman fits in my 93 toyota pickup [about the size of a tacoma]. It's a tight fit, but it fits and I strap it in with latch-downs.

I'm thinking about getting a small trailer now myself so I can either load the ATV on it, or hook it up to the ATV. A 4x5 or a 4x6 will do the trick for that, I think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've got 2 sons Pain and one has a little 90cc for trailriding with me now. The other son will want one two so I'm probably looking at a 250-300cc in the near future. So that's the little 90 in the pickup bed and 2 "standard" ones on the trailer.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've got a side load that works really well! Up one side and off the other and the rails prevent the quads from rolling around. I can't remember the manufacturer but if your interested I can look at the trailer and see.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
I have had 3 on my trayler. I took my wifes 300 and lifted the front tires over the front rail and turned my 400 sideways and put my sons TRX90 on the back sideways.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an 83” X 12’, I can haul three but it is a tight fit. You can load from sides and back. Don’t get too small you may want to get bigger ATV’s later on. This is the company the makes it.
Top Hat Trailers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the ideas. I think I'm going to look at the 6X10 size. That would be more manageable for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like to have one inthe back of the pick up. Its safer there :p. the smaller the trailer the had they are to back up with. keep that inmind.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
A longer tongue on the trailor makes it a lot easier, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts