Honda ATV Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
^^^^^^^Hell yeah that's some power! That's one mean RINO!

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
The Rotax conversions is popular for the Yamaha Rhino. They take the motor out of the Renegade 800 and install them into the Rhino. Makes the Rhino hit mid 60's on a stock Rotax.
WOW!....that's not bad for stock.
YouTube - 800 rhino
lol..thats not your normal rino !..lmao..i'm sure now that honda has released the new big red side by sides..someone will have a hot rod big red before long !

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
That is a Rotax Rhino. The Big Red, the only thing that Honda did correctly on the big red is the wheel travel and the auto tranny.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
That's a great looking side by side. how well do the duals perform? I assume that is a two cylinder?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
No the Rhino motor is only single cylinder but it has dual exhaust ports. So each silencer has it's own head pipe. They added so much power, it was a great investment. The Rhino is not the fastest side by side but it is one of the most capable.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i just wanted to update to be a fair sport, i went out the other day looking for things to get me stuck or what not.

i did find some places where i did get stuck and 4x4 would have made it nice. i even had to get off once or twice.

but at the same time, with alittle reversing and working the bike i could still manage to make it thru, just took alot more work.

a trade off for me is 4x4's are heavyer and well more stuff to break. but there is also some pluses.

for my type of riding i would rather prefer a 2wd, unless it was the grizzley 660 or something, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I've been stuck many a times on mine.. usually I can get off and push, pull, lift it out, but a few times I've had to get the wife and my truck.. LOL Most of those times were in muddy crossings and 4x4 would have got the job done. Only thing I have to say about a 4x4 is when you do get stuck.. you are STUCK! I burried my brother in laws Polaris 500HO on a hill in a snow drift and there aint not pushing, pulling, rocking, lifting that damn thing out. Has a winch but nothing near me to hook on to. Had to get the ol S-10 again. When the winch started pulling it literally pulled my truck backwards a few inches before it planted and pulled out.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the only time i had to use the come along i rolled it into a huge ditch and well i dought a 4x4 would have got out of it either.

the places i got stuck was in a rut/ditch trying to climb out i would bottom out on the top part of it and then the back tires would just spin. i had to reverse a few times and pin it to win it to make it out. then i tried to go over a big tree on a pretty steep hill and again it wanted to bottom out and the tires would just spin. after some rocking and reversing i finally got off the tree, hit it with a little speed and walked over it..

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I agree with Billy and if you check around for some left over models they will be priced around the same.
Yep already done that found a 08 700xx and 400ex each for 4500 new and a 09 foreman for 5000 new. So the are all around the same price just wondering which would suite my trail riding the best. Sold my KX 250 recently so i want something with a little speed with it as well as being a good trail bike. Although i know none of them could come close to that things speed.
So your going to buy brand new? If you are the 700xx would be an excellent choice. If your going the used route, just remember the 05' and older 400ex's don't have reverse, and it sucks trying to turn those around no matter how strong you are.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts