Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for ideas for my 250x.. which exhaust and carb upgrades are most popular with the 250x´s Mine has had some work at one time.. it is bored .02 over and a 12.5:1 piston in it but it now has stock exhaust and jets... I plan to do suspension work soon but just thought i'd start doing a little more research.. thanks jason

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums.... you definitely want to upgrade the exhaust and carb. FMF, HMF, TwoBrothers ect are all good exhaust systems, the cab can either be jetted accordingly or replaced with a 400ex carb or flatside style carb. As for the suspension if you retain the stock A-Arms you can go to Diamond J Customs | Quad-Rodding Systems & Suspension Kits for the shock and widening conversion kits. you can put 400EX shocks for a soft ride or step up to 450R,KFX450 shocks on the fron for a great ride but you will need the kit for them to work. The rear shock I have been told the Raptor 660 shock will work but aftermarket will be a good chooice IMO. good luck.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Hmf is a really good exhaust for the 250x.You can buy the full system for the 300ex and it will bolt on to yours.They don't make a full system for the 250x.A 400ex carb or a crf250 carb would be a good upgrade for the 250x also.And as I said before put the 450r a-arms and shocks on the front with a conversion kit and a 660 rear shock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I think I´m set with the suspension mods. I was more looking for the tips on the exhaust and carb. there so many exhaust systems... just looking for the majority vote on the top one. thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Like I said.Get a full hmf system for the 93-? 300ex.It'll bolt on to your quad.Hmf doesn't make a header for the 250x.But I know for fact the 300ex exhausts are the same.And a 400ex carb or crf250.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts