·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i found the zeplon, made with teflon, dry spray lubricant. the oven drawer is still a bit heavy, but really quiet. used to wax my sleds in the old day's. the runner's. was a long time ago. sand them till they were shiny, then wax them.
i were always faster then the local yocal's. take off running, then dive on to the snow, or icy road, hit the sled on the way to the snow/ice, that i was running with. just a thing...

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
COOLEST
I just found this tool hanging in the frame of my project quad!
It fits the stator and flywheel peephole caps perfectly

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
where was it made? look's kinda modern.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Looks like (made in Japan) stamped on the handle....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
i gotta wrench that looks like that. it's old.. never could figure out what it was made for. i come across it, i will post a picture.
the Zeplon dry spray lubricant, made with teflon,, it took a few days, dont know why, but the oven draw slides out better then when the oven was new, without anything in it.
tandy leather products,, i like the smell of the stuff, they used many X3 ago..

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
have not got my new wilton 5 1/2 bench vise ( shows to be out for delivery today ! ), but I know it ( it damn well better be ! ) made in u.s.a. !. was not cheap by any means. my old wilton bullet vise died from a hard life by me..lol. if anyone here happens to have a old wilton 3 inch bullet vise from the 60's thats just rusting away ?, please holler at me !. I want to restore my old vise, and give it back to my bud. i've used it for 20 something years , and it still has life in it, if I can just get some parts for it ??. the spindle snapped in half, and the swivel base broke all apart. the swivel base I can do witout, but the spindle part I deff need !. i'll post some pic's of my brand new wilton 5 1/2 bullet tradesman after I get it in :).

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
here is my brand spanking new wilton 5 1/2 inch bullet tradesman vise. this vise should out live me !.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
have not got my new wilton 5 1/2 bench vise ( shows to be out for delivery today ! ), but I know it ( it damn well better be ! ) made in u.s.a. !. was not cheap by any means. my old wilton bullet vise died from a hard life by me..lol. if anyone here happens to have a old wilton 3 inch bullet vise from the 60's thats just rusting away ?, please holler at me !. I want to restore my old vise, and give it back to my bud. i've used it for 20 something years , and it still has life in it, if I can just get some parts for it ??. the spindle snapped in half, and the swivel base broke all apart. the swivel base I can do witout, but the spindle part I deff need !. i'll post some pic's of my brand new wilton 5 1/2 bullet tradesman after I get it in :).
I have a 1745. Dad gave it to me for Christmas several years ago. He lucked in to it on ebay cheap. Guy wouldn't deliver, but lived close to other family and dad had them pick it up till he went to visit again.

wiltonviseparts.net Guy who runs it is named Kevin.

Here's another one

Bench Vise Restoration

That new one you got is NICE. That thing will outlive us all.

Here's a good vice thread from over on HL where I got those links.

Tell me about your shop/bench vise that you use. | High Lifter Forums

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
I have a 1745. Dad gave it to me for Christmas several years ago. He lucked in to it on ebay cheap. Guy wouldn't deliver, but lived close to other family and dad had them pick it up till he went to visit again.

wiltonviseparts.net Guy who runs it is named Kevin.

Here's another one

Bench Vise Restoration

That new one you got is NICE. That thing will outlive us all.

Here's a good vice thread from over on HL where I got those links.

Tell me about your shop/bench vise that you use. | High Lifter Forums
thanks !. I have already been in touch with kevin, he does not build the parts I need...go figure right ?!..lol. ran across a couple on ebay, got my eye on one , but he's asking way to much for a wilton parts vise.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts