Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life doesn't get any better! On a Quad out in the boonies in good weather. Drove to Mammoth, Arizona and parked at the baseball field ( hint easy to find, Mammoth has about 1400 people). The road to arrive at the baseball field crosses the river and runs straight to the boonie road to the Galiuro mountains. Cross the blacktop river road and presto, you are in ATV nirvana. Ride past the shooting range and on out. About 10 miles later you will be up about 600 feet in elevaton and have a plethora of drill road to ride on, some high some along the washes, most in semi repair.

Believe this, mining and drilling have totally screwed up the wonder of the place. However, with out these roads it would be tough to get in here with out a helicopter. So a mixed blessing. Mining relics abound, today found an old scotch(?) boiler. Fantastic! I wish I could have been around when it was in operation. It must have been a tremendous effort to haul coal in to fire it. Grandpa had a different concept of days work than many people today.

There were still an an abundance of brittlebush in bloom, some hills looked decidedly yellow with hundreds (or more) yellow blooming plants every where. A few cactus were in bloom, nothing compares to a cactus blossom for color. The sky was happy blue, Ive seen better green blush on the hills but hey, you don't get it all at once.

I need better tires to really get back in here. A flat would mean a 15 mile walk and not much fun. There used to be a town here called Copper Creek but on the site of the Post Office remains. I didnt get there nor to the Sibley Mansion, next time.

This is what an ATV is for!:smile

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures next time. It is amazing back in there. I can trailer the quad many of those miles and will.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I LOVED riding there. The old mine ruins are too cool. My buddy and I went there one year ago and found some really neat stuff...including a mansion. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Creed, I think you open a picture next to the site and drag and drop. My pictures are huge files and it wont work. I don't have software to shrink them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi Creed, I think you open a picture next to the site and drag and drop. My pictures are huge files and it wont work. I don't have software to shrink them.
I see. I have been going down into "manage attachments" below the text box...way down, and then selecting a file by clicking on the boxes there. But that may not make any difference for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts