Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many guys run their quads through the puddles. Were we ride we get a lot of water and mud. The puddles we go through are never deeper than the tires but the kids love to go through them, so do I. But I know I run the risk of getting water where I don't want it. Threw in a pic to help show the type of puddles I am talkin about.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
If it is between me and where I wanna go, I will blast through. I won't go looking for them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I try to stay out of water but I ride a sport quad. I run a open air box lid and do not like to have to drain the box out. I have had to cross creeks and blast thru small stuff, but nothing major. If I was into that I would look for a good utility quad and put a snork, lift, and big A$$ tires on it. Just check your drain in the air box often and you should be fine judging from your pics. Looks like a fun trail to ride!
NJREXTREME

·
Registered
165 Posts
if you are over the tires then it is risky honda may have put the air intake high up on these machines but the crank case breather and other lines are much lower

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
You should be fine in holes like in the pictures above.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats riding in Alberta. The land is set aside for OHV but also let cows free range in there. Also alot of deer need to be a bit careful but there is unbelievable sites as well. Although from pic it is hard to tell it is a 20 foot drop and we are on the back side only accessible by quads. Thanks 4 input.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
To answer your question, PUDDLE AWAY!

·
Registered
84 Posts
if it at my head lights ill start to get thinking but other than that u got onwords, all line are run up under plastice on top of tank.. as far at i know ....

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Anytime you go through deep water, it's a good idea to stop and check the oil and make sure there's no water in it and also check the airbox. When you get done riding, check the differentials too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts