Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every.

I currently own an 1999 Foreman 450 ES.

The rims are ITP 12" rims with proper Honda offset. The tires are 28" Outlaws 10" and 12.5" wide. No lift kit.

I bought the bike setup like that, and the fronts rub the fender in reverse but otherwise handles the tires fine.

The rear ties have about 3/4 tread left and the fronts are at 1/4 tread and the flat part of the tire touches ground.

I don't go in the kinda mud you see Ostacruiser in, etc. I mostly stick on trails, gravel, sand, light mud. I do drive swamp and mud occasional.

My brother has a Foreman 500 with 27" Swamplites, and I need to be able to follow him as much as possible.

The tire choices I am currently looking at are the following:

ITP Mudlite XL 26", 9-12, 11-12
Interco Swamplites in 27"
Interco Reptiles in 27", 9-12, 11-12

I heard reptiles are small for the size, but I don't want bigger diameter then 27" Swamplites (I know how they look)

The other option I am looking into, but Highlifter customer support isn't responding to my emails is to purchase 2 replacement tires. I am wondering if I could put an Outlaw MST 28" 9.5x12 without messing up my 4x4 due to different tire styles

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Different tire styles will not mess up anything in your 4x4 so you would be fine to put mst's on the front

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Outlaw MST, Mud Bug, 'Zilla, Mega Meyhem, Silverback X-Lite would all be good choices. I don't really like Swamp Lites, I don't find they perform as well as Mud Bugs and their trail manners are no better either. They also seem to wear faster. The Reptiles are a little more trail and a little less mud.

Here is a pic of my old 450S, I ran 27" Mug Bugs on it....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi every.

I currently own an 1999 Foreman 450 ES.

The rims are ITP 12" rims with proper Honda offset. The tires are 28" Outlaws 10" and 12.5" wide. No lift kit.

I bought the bike setup like that, and the fronts rub the fender in reverse but otherwise handles the tires fine.

The rear ties have about 3/4 tread left and the fronts are at 1/4 tread and the flat part of the tire touches ground.

I don't go in the kinda mud you see Ostacruiser in, etc. I mostly stick on trails, gravel, sand, light mud. I do drive swamp and mud occasional.

My brother has a Foreman 500 with 27" Swamplites, and I need to be able to follow him as much as possible.

The tire choices I am currently looking at are the following:

ITP Mudlite XL 26", 9-12, 11-12
Interco Swamplites in 27"
Interco Reptiles in 27", 9-12, 11-12

I heard reptiles are small for the size, but I don't want bigger diameter then 27" Swamplites (I know how they look)

The other option I am looking into, but Highlifter customer support isn't responding to my emails is to purchase 2 replacement tires. I am wondering if I could put an Outlaw MST 28" 9.5x12 without messing up my 4x4 due to different tire styles
Mudlites wear well and get around great, I used to run vampires but my buddy ran 27 bearclaws on his Rubicon and could hang with me on most all stuff and rode a lot better. Interco tires always wear fast, they use a soft rubber but they hook up much better. Everything is a trade off,mudlite xtr radials maybe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts