Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
A light 27. Like a zilla or mudbug. Anything else will bog the engine unless you do a brgr (big red gear reduction). If your trail riding, your best getting a 26" all terrain tire. Mud, your best bet is to do the gear reduction and a lift with 28's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not looking to go mudding with it, Just looking for more clearance.

Haven't really seen anything good about the lift kits so not real sure about them.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Rdc (rubber down customs) 1.5 is the best like Mac mentioned.

I do a lot of trail riding myself. I first had a set of 26x9-12 and 26x10-12 tusk triobite HD off of rocky mountian atv. I liked them enough for the riding I do so bought a set of maxxis bighorn 2.0 in 28" and had all kinds of problems, had the lugs ripping off and chunks being taken off. So I ended up selling them and buying another set of tusk trilobite hd.. they do very well on hard pack trails and mild mud. Not the best in mud at all but the amount I encounter isn't worth having a mud tire. They seem to last a long time to as my first set is only about 1/2 tread in rear and 3/4 in front and my second set is about 3/4 all around. I have my first set mounted on stock rims for plowing and they do very well their also. They are cheap enough to replace also. Around $350 for a set if I remember correctly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.