Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site,hello everyone
I just purchased a 2017 Honda foreman 500 and I am looking to upgrade tires and wheels.I have been looking at outlaw mst tire and wheel package,I had these tires on my 420 and really liked them,I mostly trail ride but do play in the mud when we come up on a hole lol.
I was planning on going with 9.5x26 front and 12x26 rear on sti wheels but I can get the same package in 27" cheaper so I guess my question is 26 or 27
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might have to hold off on the mst,when I bought the foreman I also bought a set of sti wheels with outback tires
26x11 front and 26x12 rear,they do pretty good but seem to dig down,stuck it yesterday lol high centered
I had 26" swamp witches on my 08 420 and I think they pulled a lot better,my buddy was going to buy the outbacks
but his trans just went out on his truck.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
If your Outbacks are the "XT" model, thats a good tire..

I've run 26" on my 2016 420cc, but I switched to 25" to get the power and handling back.. I do tow though...

I would assume 26" would be a perfect size to keep it feeling powerful..

27"+ your going to notice a power decrease... Not so much in 1st gear, but in all the rest...

Also, it will depend on the tire..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive got a 17 Foreman Rubicon as well and I'm torn between the Zillas, mega mayhems, and the Vampire II. I can't make up my mind. wanting something light weight, good in mud, and good tread life. Opinions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.