Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put some tires on the front of my 300 2 wheel drive and have some questions and need some recommendations. The stock wheels have some rust on them but I cleaned them up and repainted them. Still solid. Used mainly for hunting and slow trail riding on logging and oil field roads. We do have a lot of slick red clay and soupy stuff in the bottoms and around the creeks. I know they are not pulling but could really use help on the steering and sliding on the slick stuff. Would a tire like the Bear Claws be good for this? That's what I have on the rear and they do pretty good there. Would a tire like that help or be a hindrance with it picking up too much mud ? I have 22-11x9's on the back and I like the extra power and the ability to ease along at a walking pace. Also being lower helps on sidling places. I'm all ears for suggestions. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Didn't see your original thread.

Honestly the lugs on the front tires MIGHT help you steer a little, but I'd rather have AT's up there because those lugs will also make steering a lot harder as they jerk the bars out of your hands.

For rear tires on a 2wd, I'd run much more aggressive. Running tires stock size or less you can spin them to clean them out.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Bearclaws should be a pretty good tire for your intended use. Let us know how they work out after you use them a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Jeepwm69
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing