Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
303 has been around for awhile, mostly in the boating/marine environment. 303 has made a good reputation as a UV protector, because it works! We also use it in the aviation industry, on expensive stuff that the sun destroys. Big aircraft “tundra tires” that cost thousands of dollars, will last 20 years, if you use 303 or maybe ten if you don’t... Big inflatable boats, Zodiac, Achilles or NRS types, rot in the sun. Car and boat interiors that crack due to sun damage...and on and on...Basically anything you park or use in the sun 🌞 needs UV protection, some things more than others...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nanook said it best. If it’s in the sun 303 would be great on it. I use it on the interior of my truck, atv and my boat upholstery. Gives it a good shine like Armour all but doesn’t dry out and once it dries it’s not greasy like some other protectants

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hm i treated both my tarps 06-03-2019, 08:56 PM.... Update (july 6th 5:56 PM) no more water bead shedding, AND my honda (ome) tarp is starting to sun bleach, and THAT, Never happened before i used 303, i BELIEVE, I'll STEER clear of 303 from now own, it's okay stuff, I'll give ya that but personally, I'm not impressed. And , That honda oem tarp wasn't/isn't cheep!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
The best treatment for tires is powdered french chalk but of course doesn't give you the desired finish!

If I'm in the mood for giving my Honda's a good clean I use liquid silicone on the fenders and the tires. NOT the seat though! Lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Ya, I thought i recalled a member mentioned baby powered as a tire treatment too, but ...i can't locate the string , or post,

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
Ya, I thought i recalled a member mentioned baby powered as a tire treatment too, but ...i can't locate the string , or post,
May have been me in one of my build threads, could be in one of fish files threads also, we tend to get off subject a lot haha

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
You can add me to that list too...haha, that's how good friends communicate :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
303 Is Great!

I also use:

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
GYEON Quartz Tire
Maxima SC1

Wayne

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'd give it an "okay" treatment but it sure didn't last very long from 6-3 to 7-6 , one things for sure! I wouldn't recommend this for 100% polyester tarps/fabric.

Just noting, it actually stoped working LONG before 7-6. ive just been too busy to check.....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
11 Participants
_Wilson_
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing