Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting on this forum hopefuully this is the correct area for my question. I recently acquired a 2002 Honda Rancher 2x4 350 ES. The tires are BALD. My next door neighbor happened to have 4 ATV tires that are used but are much better than the ones I have on it. The current tires/ rims are front 24x8-12 and the rears are 25x11-10.
The new tires I want to put on are front 25x8-12 and the rears are 25x10-12. I think the fronts should be just fine on the current rims, and obviously I would need to buy new 12 inch rims for the rears. If I do this, will these new tires and new rear rims work on this quad? It is going to primary be used for dragging baseball fields and maybe some light trail riding. I just don't want to go buy two new rear rims and then find out this combination won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Premium Member
another way you might handle it , the dealerships around here sell what they call take offs , people buy a new atv and want an upgrade on tires and rims , they take the stock tires off and sell the complete set for $200 , 4 new tires , rims , center caps , valves stems already mounted and full of air ---by the time you buy 2 rims and pay for dismounting and mounting you might be half of that price for 1/2 worn tires

Premium Member
Here's our 02 TRX350FE 6900 miles; with 25x8x12 up front and 25x10x12 quad boss. It was a manure plow for the stables then when it stopped running right I got it.

These wheels came off an 06 Rancher 4x4; I don't think it's been lifted

I like the 10s in the rear because gives it the right amount of stagger; 12 wides look OK too just stick out further. We take it in clay and seems the wider tires throw more clay

Attachments

Registered
Reactions: atlanta8179

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the info and photos! I was wondering what the new tires would look like and now I know its a great look and best of all I can move forward with these all new (slightly used ) tires for the cost or two rims! Thanks again !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts