Honda ATV Forum banner

Timing? Valves? Crank? 350A Solved

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Rampage321 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello i have a 1986 Honda Fourtrax Foreman 350A i just recently bought a new carb for it from a atc 350x works good but atv just constantly blows gas and air out the back of the carb
i tried to adjust the valves to stock specs 0.08 0.003 on intake and exhuast on the compression stroke on TDC i have tried almost everything to get this bike right it will not run with the airbox boot on bogs
and full throttle is very stuttery like cutting in and out spark plug gap is at 0.7mm fuel pump is 1 to 4 psi air screw is 2 turns
burns out your eyeballs have a video if needed

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Rock Turtle Tortoise Landscape Mineral

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hello i have a 1986 Honda Fourtrax Foreman 350A i just recently bought a new carb for it from a atc 350x works good but atv just constantly blows gas and air out the back of the carb
i tried to adjust the valves to stock specs 0.08 0.003 on intake and exhuast on the compression stroke on TDC i have tried almost everything to get this bike right it will not run with the airbox boot on bogs
and full throttle is very stuttery like cutting in and out spark plug gap is at 0.7mm fuel pump is 1 to 4 psi air screw is 2 turns
burns out your eyeballs have a video if needed turns out it was a bent valve thanks for response

View attachment 149900 View attachment 149901

#9 ·
i have a 350a and a 350d i baked the cdi on the 350d and it ran perfectly fine but quit out after like 30 minutes bought a new cdi for it and it runs like a dream
thanks for the comment but i actually got the bike running perfect turns out it was my valves one of them was bent just a tiny bit installed a new one and it runs perfect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.